Thursday 31 January 2008

Progress Report on the Van

John Jeffreys at "Motorhome Conversions" advised two days ago that the vehicle is ready and is currently going through the Australian Safety Certification Process where it will receive the required "compliance plate", necessary for registration of the vehicle in Australia. This should be completed by the end of this week.

I look forward to collect my acquisition sometime next week and make my first trip back to Sydney. I intend to use the "New-England-Highway" instead of the "Pacific Highway", which carries a lot more traffic. As the distance is about 1000km I will give myself 2 days to drive back, also giving me a chance to spend my first night in the van.

Both, Jonathan and Talia are very excited to come along for a trip with "Grandpa", in fact, Talia has already decided that the van will need decorating and has created an appropriate design for the outside. (refer below) I like it so much, that I seriously consider having something similar made in Vinyl ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Na da freue ich mich ja schon auf erste Berichte zum Schlafkomfort :-)

Viel Spaß auf der Piste,
Frank

Anonymous said...

a good place for the first night - Lake Keepit - or Gunnedah. And make another checkout fligt on RW 07

Ali