Friday 11 January 2008

Why do a trip around Australia?


A very good question indeed.

The answer quite simple: although I have been in many places on this continent over the years I have been living here, I still have a seemingly overwhelming desire, a need, to see more, to see it more extensively, to see it at a much more comfortable pace of my own choosing.

When I hear the word "Kakadu" it invokes visions of rain forests and waterfalls, of pristine Nature, so Kakadu National Park is very definitely on my "List-of-things-to-do-and-places-to see." The East and West Coast both will offer spectacular sights in an environment that in many places seems untouched by human activity. The picture above shows the coast of Victoria, the
Twelve Apostles


Nearly 20 years ago I had the good fortune to sail in the Whitsundays with my good friends, Brian and Shery Wotton, for a whole month, it was an experience that will be with me for all of my life! Thank you again, Brian and Shery for letting me be part of this wonderful adventure. This year, in 2008, I intend to build on the experiences of that time and hope to report my "progress" along the way. It will be interesting to see "how" it looks to me today, how I experience this vast continent. It will be a privilege to share that with you, my friends and I will be looking to your comments and/or suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know Peter is really looking forward to this trip, and I am equally excited for him, and i know that he will be have an incredible experience. lots of love, serene