Tuesday 20 May 2008

Almost ready to hit the road, the Van ready-to-go!


Just a few more preparations and its time to head for sunny Queensland.
I had the oil filter and engine oil changed, the engine timing belt replaced, (at 10,000 km past the specified time) the seal in the fuel pump replaced just so the vehicle is prepared for the long trip ahead.. and she is purring along very nicely now.

I also installed a smoke alarm and some extra storage bins, mostly for kitchen stuff. My folding bike fits neatly behind the passenger seat and apart from some more food stuff to buy for my fridge over the next few days, I am just about complete.

Still to-dos:

Dental appointment on 3 June,

I have also setup a new wireless Internet DSL for my Laptop to keep me on-line, even in the Australian outback townships,

Farewell dinner and good-byes to my friends

I intend to leave Sydney on 5 June 2008 to head out North...

No comments: