Friday 15 October 2010

Chilling out at Lake Lenthall

Built in 1984, Lenthalls Dam was named after the pioneering family in the district, the waters created by the dam are called Lake Lenthall.  The lake has a relatively small surface area of 400ha, an average depth of 3.9 meters and holds some 28 000 ML of water at full supply level.
It's main purpose is for town water supply for Hervey Bay City Council.
Lake Lenthall is situated approximately half way between Maryborough and Torbanlea along the Bruce highway. A further 7 km off the highway along a gravel road will find you at the lake.


View across the lake from my spot

 I kind of discovered this place by accident, having checked my maps and then following my GPS at first, down some rather ordinary tracks which turned out to become undriveable for my Motorhome, endig in a rather boggy creek crossing I decided not to drive through, turning around instead.

They have RED dragon flies here


I finally did find a dirt road that led to the lake.  What a lovely and peaceful spot!  Apart from myself, there is only one caravan on this site, no generators anywhere and my Solar System is now working perfectly to supply power for all my appliances without any fuss.  What is even more surprising is that I can receive a whole lot of TV channels, both analog and digital, not that I watch a lot of TV, but this morning it was nice to listen to the news of Deutsche Welle, transmitted by SBS.


It is wonderful to spend my day surrounded by nature, sitting in the shade listening to the sound of birds all around me.  I feel very relaxed....

No comments: