Sunday 6 September 2009

Finally, Back on the road

Even though I really enjoyed my stay in Sydney, visited friends and places, being in great company at all times, it was also exciting to get back to my Motorhome at Karratha.

The flight from Sydney to Perth took well over 6 hours due to strong headwind (6.5hrs. as against 3.5 hrs from Perth to Sydney.) The sky was partly cloudy coming across the Great Australian Bight, dappled small clouds forming black shadows on the water below, making it look like the patterns on a Leopard's fur.

14 Degrees at Perth, still partly cloudy, the connecting flight to Karratha left about 2 hrs later and as we gradually traveled north, the clouds got less and less, finally having the usual blue skies. As we taxied in from the runway I could see that my vehicle was still where I had left it a month ago, albeit a bit dustier then when I left. After re-connecting my vehicle battery, the engine started up just like every other day. I drove straight to Dampier to secure a spot for the night, then back to Karratha Woollies to re-fill my food supplies as I had left no food while I was gone.

The next day I do a bit of house cleaning and also wash away the dust outside - amazing to see that it is actually white underneath.

As I need to be back in Sydney in December for some medical treatment I decide to head east again before the wet season, toward Cairns, the Table lands and so much more of Queensland that I have not seen as yet. From there it will also be a much shorter distance to travel back to Sydney when the time comes.


Eighty Mile Beach just before sunset


The Beach is littered with sea shells


Spectacular sunsets on Eighty Mile Beach are an Every-Day-Scene.

I have stopped over at Eighty Mile Beach and arrived at Broome yesterday for a couple of day's rest before continuing on.


Heat Haze ahead on the horizon going toward Broome

Still seamless blue skies, Cable Beach looking as bright as I remember from my stay here in July. Temperatures are in the mid thirties every day but cooler at night, its great to live again in Shorts and sleeveless shirts to keep cool.


As you can see, this Fathers Day, water temp is 26 degrees C.

No comments: