Friday 3 April 2009

Perth to Kalgoorlie

I arrived Monday 30 March in Perth to pick up my van, do some shopping to re-plenish the contents of my fridge. I spend the evening talking to friends at the campground, have a good night's sleep and drive out of Perth next morning, following the main highway east to Kalgoorlie. Most of the way I am traveling through the wheatbelt with fields on either side of the road stretching to the horizon, then later, lots of Eucalypts with the cinnamon-coloured treebarks of the Salmon Gums glistening in the afternoon sunlight.

Salmon Gums along the Highway

I check several campsites along the way but find all of them deserted, not a sign of life in any of them. I do not intend to spend a night as the only vehicle by the roadside and so continue on to Kalgoorlie where I last was in October last year. A good opportunity to to get my van serviced before heading out across the Nullarbor. So later this morning I will drive south toward Norseman and then turn east toward Eucla.

No comments: