Friday 24 April 2009

First Test Drive

Well, its time to do the first preliminary run. I have planned to take about 2-3 weeks running up the NSW coast, then go a short distance away from the coast to check out any possible problems before returning to Sydney to have them fixed. The weather at the moment is less than good, lots of rain about, so on my way up the Freeway and then on to Myall Lakes it is quite wet but by the time I find agreat spot to camp, the sun is out with wonderful views across Myall Lake, a lovely backdrop of mountains in the background.

Looking along the shore

This is a really lovely spot, only a few fellow campers with their kids as they will return to school from their Easter holidays next week.


The view from my camp spot

In the morning I drive out and along the way walk over the sand dunes to get to the beach that is running a thundering surf. Only 4 other people there and lots of Sea Terns on the sand, their heads pointing into wind. I get back onto the main Highway, turn north and drive-on to Forster, a holiday township that is popular with many people from Sydney. I go to the Supermarket to pick up a few supplies and then make my way to the caravan park. There has been a lot of rain, my allocated site quite muddy to get into, but ok because I am on a concrete slab.

By morning the clouds are mostly gone, blue skies yet again, although I have decided to head inland where the weather is supposed to be much better. I have driven about 390km since leaving Sydney, which means I will have to re-fuel and then drive out towards Gloucester, about 100km to the west.


On the road to Gloucester, rolling hills...

The weather is turning out quite promising, driving through the rolling hills as I drive the winding road towards my destination. Its a lovely town located in a wide valley, all is green, certainly a town that has a real nice and clean feel to it, with a few Cafes and their tables out on the footpath, lots of friendly faces. I am going to stay for two nights.


View over the Gloucester valley from the hills.

No comments: