Thursday 12 November 2009

Bangalow

I had spoken on the phone with my once co-traveler, Bronny, who has a house at Bangalow and she invited me to come and catch up on the latest, happy for me to leave my Motorhome in her driveway and plug into her power.

My "Home" in Bronny's driveway



View across Bangalow

Bangalow, just west of Byron Bay, away from the coast, is not very far from Burleigh Heads so I drive south to take another look at Bangalow which I had visited last year in June for the first time.

The township is located in a valley with hills rising either side, Bronny's house high on the side of a hill, overlooking the valley.  Subtropical, lush and green, the town itself clean and sparkling, emanating good positive energy.

Orchids in Bronny's garden


A great town full of friendly people, excellent restaurants and plenty of parking.  I liked it so much, I decided to stay 3 nights, also cooking a couple of meals to share with my host.  It was good to catch up as we had not seen each other since July when she drove south along the westcoast of Western Australia and finally across the Nullarbor and back home to Bangalow.  She has to go into Hospital for a minor op, but is cheerful and happy as always.

Naturally, I take a drive to Byron Bay, up to the Lighthouse on the most easterly point in Australia. [More about Byron Bay]


Byron Bay Lighthouse



Lake Ainsworth, just north of Lennox Head

Today I drive south yet again, through Lennox Heads, Lake Ainsworth with its water stained tea-coloured by tannin from teatrees, then on to Ballina, finally stopping for the night at Evans Head.  On the beach once again with a cool breeze but blue sky.  I have checked a couple of campgrounds on my way south this morning, discovering nice places for future reference.

No comments: