Friday 15 August 2008

Osprey Bay, yet more...

You may well have guessed, its not a bad place to stay at, private, secluded, nice neighbors, lovely view at the edge of the water and views of all shades of turquoise, watching the waves crash over the reef, about half a km out to sea, a cold beer….

Yesterday I saw the first heavier clouds forming, humidity, signs of some coming rain, but that did not happen until late last night. Quite a welcome sight, clouds. I had none since way back in my travels in Queensland. I drove to Exmouth in the morning, to do some washing, shopping, fill up with water and fuel and returned to Osprey Bay in the late afternoon to extend my stay for yet another 3 days. As a reward I get allocated a new spot right at the front of the beach, "Millionaire's Row" my fellow campers call it. I am quite pleased with myself for having scored that spot with the camp hosts, a nice English couple.

Like I said earlier, going to bed last night made me realise that it was quite a mild night, much warmer than the ones earlier. Woke up to the sound of thunder and flashes of lightening which kind of passed over, to be replaced with a good dousing of rain. When I check my van in the morning, it looks almost clean, most of the accumulated dust has washed off during the night. The sky is also beginning to clear as I move my van into the new position by the water. After putting out my awning I hang out some pieces of washing that weren't quite dry from yesterdays washing excursion and it takes only a very short time to have it back for folding and putting away in my storage bin under the seats.

By the way, lots of campers are flying the Ozzie flag and I decided to fly the Bavarian Flag instead, if only as a bit of a stir. A few questions have already been asked as to what it stands for and I tell them that it’s the flag of the "Kingdom of Bavaria"...



You got to show Flag, after all, I bin a Bayer!

Soon I will need to get my mind around a continuation of my journey. The Hammersley Range and Tom Price will be my next destination before returning to the coast to head further south to "Monkey Mia" on Cape Peron. The weather down south is still a major impediment, or should I say, encouragement, to stay north for the warmer temperatures. As I am in no particular hurry to go further south, I may yet extend my stay at Osprey Bay a little further…

This morning I have added another day's stay, which means that I will be leaving on Friday morning for the "Pilbara Region" and some of the fabulous gorges of the Hamersley Range. Its been very windy last night and early into this morning, the empty beer carton filled with some empties and rubbish, I had left by my front wheel has been blown right across my camping space. The Bavarian Flag on my areal has been raging most of the night and is still fluttering, making lots of noise. By early afternoon, I hope the wind will stop to help make today yet another beautiful day to enjoy. My neighbor, a few vans further back is a hairdresser, a real God-send when I consider that I am looking a bit rough around the edges and a trim will go a long way to restoring my proverbial "Good Looks". (Yes, I know…. No need to rub it in!)

Today, Friday, 15th August. Time to move on towards the Hamersley Range. Now at Exmouth for water and shopping. Turns out my mail was never forwarded from Lane Cove, I now requested the lot to go to Denham instead as I should be there in about 8-10 days.

No comments: