Saturday 27 September 2008

Dongara / Port Denison

Coming from around 100km inland its real nice to see the ocean again, even if I have only been away for a few days. It’s a bit warmer than inland but the forecast says clouds and rain on the way. Dongara and Port Denison are really only one township, stretching along the ocean front, separated only by the river.

Having spent 2 nights at Port Denison and unable to extend my stay further because of bookings for the upcoming long weekend (Queens Birthday) as well as the beginning of the school holidays, I will head out again tomorrow morning before the Friday afternoon traffic from Perth will clog the highways. There are 2 rest areas about 35km south of here, where I intend to spend the next few nights until the end of the long weekend. I do hope that the rain that has settled into the area at the moment will clear up by tomorrow.

The nice and warm weather I had when I arrived has certaily cooled down a bit, 21 dgrees at the moment, not cold but unfriendly and quite dark. At least the van gets a superficial free wash, rinsing off some of the accumulated dust. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do with the rain coming down. There were a few hours around lunchtime when the rain had stopped, when I took a ride around town, went to the lookout to checkout some of the views.


Looking South to Port Denison from Dongara Lookout on an overcast day

No comments: