Sunday 10 May 2009

On the road again - For Real !

I had the smashed window replaced on my motor home, did some more shopping to re-fill my fridge, did some cooking, had a checkup at the Eye Hospital (all ok), so this morning at about 11.00 am I get on the road, driving the Freeway north toward Newcastle but keep to the left at Maitland using the New England Highway north-west rather than the Pacific HIghway along the coast.

With Suki in front of Eck's house as I leave

When I leave its mostly sunny with a forecast of 20 degrees in Sydney and a current temp of about 14. As I drive north clouds are moving in, getting darker with a bit of spit rain. As I turn onto the N.E. Highway things are becoming brighter as I can see plenty of blue sky in the distance, things are looking up!

I have decided to stay at a campsite out of my book at Liddell Lake and when I get there it turns out a lovely spot, off the main highway and about half way between the towns of Singleton and Muswelbrook. The lake is used by the big powerstations on the other shore. It is also teeming with wildlife, lots of ducks and black swans and many smaller birds that seem to really like living here. There are only two other campers at the site and so its very quiet, just great after all the hustle and bustle of the Big Smoke Sydney.


View across Lake Liddell

Tomorrow its on to Tamworth where I will catch up with Alison and Pat, long time friends from Sydney who have made Tamworth their home for now.

No comments: