Sunday 15 June 2008

Brunswick Heads via Slacks Creek and Maleny to Hervey Bay

Had to pick up cusion at "Motorhome Conversion Co." and to also fix pull-out sun shade on van. Turned out that a screw holding the vertical support bar on the left had come undone, the screw and washer rattling inside the roll-up aluminium bar. Dennis at MHC repaired it for me. Good work. From there I headed to Malaney to say hello to my friends Babs and Klaus at the "King Ludwigs" - naturally a German lunch was very much on the agenda and a couple of Franziskaner Weissbiers to keep things lubricated.


The fabulous views from "King Ludwigs" to the Glasshouse Mountains.


Looks like I will be spending the night with my van in their parking lot. Maleny being about 450m above sea level it is also several degrees cooler up here than near the ocean, may well turn out to be a cool night?? Anyway, tomorrow off again going north.

Famous last words… well, it WAS cold last night at Maleny! Went to bed about 10.30pm, rolled up in my 2 doonas and snug as a bug… I was not cold and very glad I brought an extra doona cover. Had a shower at Bab's house and was invited to join them for breakfast on their verandah. Definetely a great way to start a day! I said Good Bye just after 10, then heading back down the hills and was on my way. Today was fairly cool all the way up to Hervey Bay, but bright blue sky all the way. I booked into a campsite right on the beach where I want to stay for 2 days.


View from my campsite across to Fraser Island.


Met the guy next door, Werner, who is Latvian born with his lovely Phillipina wife Carol. We spent the afternoon in the sun talking. The seafood shop across the road on the Esplanade looked good, so I ordered F & C which turned out to be very good - a glass or two of the White in my fridge to round it all off. Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paps,

schöne Bilder, aber der Schneuz muss weg. Viel Spaß weiterhin.

Deine Britta