Saturday 21 June 2008

That waterfall near Ingham...

Another glorious day starting out from Ingham Trailer Park. The original intention was to head out of town, going north but last night I met and talked for a long time to 3 young Swiss guys, one with girlfriend. They had travelled across from Tenant Creek, as well as through large parts along the North Queensland Coast. They highly recommended that I schould visit "Wallaman Falls", about 50km west of Ingham. As a result, my first trip this morning took me to that destination. The road to get there is mostly sealed but there are two sections of dirt that need to be negotiated with a little more care as well as reduced speed. There is also quite a climb up on a very winding road with many steep curves etc.

I can say, it was well worth the effort, the waterfall nothing short of spectacular, dropping over 260m down a gigantic rockface. It was a good idea to go in the morning as the whole scenery was lit up by the morning sun, bringing out a whole array of colour of the surrounding rockface. No people, just the sound of nature - wow!

Simply S.P.E.C.T.A.C.U.L.A.R
The return trip took me back down the mountain, through Ingham and from there, going north, all the way to Mission Beach. I have checked into the local council trailer park, right on the beach. It does not get much better than that.

No comments: