Tuesday 17 June 2008

Gladstone to Clairview

Took a few pictures making my way up to Clairview, which is about 330km north of Gladstone.




The original plan was to check in at St. Lawrence, about 35 km back south from here but it turned out a no-no as that campground was smack in the middle of a paddock, dry and dusty, in other words, not what I had envisaged as a place to stay. So I drove on to this place which is almost like bush camping, - lots of Lorikeets and also a few black Cockatoos that were calling up in the gumtrees surrounding my van.


My campsite at Clairview
The further north I get I notice a change ib scenery and also vegetation, more tropical I would say, even though the landscape seems covered in eucalypts. Part of what I saw on the way up were flat grass lands, way in the distance mountain ranges, many dead kangaroos by the side of the road - there must at least have been close to a dozen korpses, all looking fairly recent because of the lack of smell and the bodies not bloated like balloons…


Beach at Clairview at low tide

No comments: