Tuesday 15 July 2008

A bird's eye view, Bungle Bungles and Lake Argyle

That town has a good feel to it. People are friendly and uncomplicated, also, not such a big sprawl so its easy getting about there with my bike. No hills, all flat country, no major effort required. I enjoy that too, particularly in the absence of what I would call 'traffic'.

Yesterday afternoon I hop on a flight in a fixed-wing aircraft and take a 2.5 hour flight down to the Bungle Bungles, Argyle Diamond Mine and of course, twice across Lake Argyle.
There are 7 passengers, six in the back and me besides the pilot - the only way to fly. I promise, not to touch any of the controls and we are off charging down the runway. The views are extraordinary, the variety in scenery, the colours, the whole atmosphere, you need to be there to appreciate all of that.

Code: "Canyon"


Code: "Bungle Bungles"


Code: "Rift 1"


Code: "Rift 2"


Code: "Lake 1"


Code: "Lake 2"


I am still speechless at all that colour and in order to share some of my images in a reasonable size, like near screen-filling, I will attach a code with the description of each picture, so, if you like some of them, just email me and quote the code so I can forward a large image to your email. I think they will make great screen savers.


Contacts:
email: peter.pilhofer@iinet.net.au or
peter.pilhofer@gmail.com or
Call / SMS to ---> Cell / Mobile: +61414 69 8434

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Die bilder sind wirklich traumhaft. Da will ich auch mal hin! - ich hätte auch gerne ein bild von Dir auf deinem Dahon Faltrad. Vielleicht kannst Du ein Portrait von dem "mobilen Pilli sen." mal in den Blog stellen. Würd mich freuen.

Gruesse Pilli